By: Steve Shaw
Its easy to make your own blog, but keeping fresh new content is another story. Other marketers can easily start a niche blog, but there are large numbers of blogs that are not active around the web - which speaks to the truth that many of them don't know what to do to keep their blog alive. Blogging experts say that in order for you to keep your blog active, you should post more often. It means that you need to offer new and fresh content to your blog.
You may be intimidated by the thought of having to come up with lots of topic ideas. Finding topics for your blog posts are easy if you use the following ideas.
1. Captions: Your blog must be up to date in order for you to catch your reader's attention. No matter what your blog talks about, no one can beat timely and fresh information that will help you stimulate your blog posts. Find some catchy headlines or captions to intrigue others. Sign up for Google Alerts. Don't worry it's free and will make an alert on key words in your niche. In that way you'll be able to find current news and blog topics in your niche.
2. Consider others' comments: Through the comments section on your blog, you can get ideas on topics that you need to write about next. As an example, you have a post on your health blog about loosing fat. In the comments section, other readers will begin to ask if it is safe or not, or is there any other way to shred some unwanted fat in their body. You can now have a new blog post. Glance at your comments section to find topics that you can write next, or it may be a question that you can respond to with the use of a blog post.
3. Resource list posts: Are there some websites or other resources that your niche needs to know about? Write a few resource list posts. Resource list posts are very easy to write and provide maximum value to your readers because they can get the information that they need easily. When you can't think of anything else to write about, you can pull together a helpful list for your readers.
4. Be active in your community: Keep your finger on the pulse of your niche. Watch other blogs in your niche and see what they are writing about. You can take a different angle on the same topic, or cover an area of the topic that the original author missed. If you disagree with the author, feel free to go ahead and express you opinion on your blog. Other bloggers can be a great source of information, so be sure to get involved in the community.
5. Collection of information: Begin gathering a list of quick advice you want to convey with your niche. It can be your personal knowledge with the niche, from other products in your niche, or from other bloggers. If you find yourself jammed for blog topics, just create a quick advice post.
These tips just scratch the surface of where you can find ideas for blog posts to populate your blog. Start keeping a notepad file with blog post ideas and you'll never be at a loss for material.