By: Ethan Claude
Essay writing is a piece that serves as an instrument to express an opinion or a point-of-view. But writing an essay is not as easy as it seems. It's not just words that formed instantly. It's not just merely writing it all down. It entails a lot of hard work, logic, and technique.
An essay writer needs to consider a lot of factors like grammar, congruity and consistency. The process of writing starts with a muddled set of ideas waiting to be written in a blank sheet. With persistence and cautious in following the rules of composition, there comes a quality and coherent essay.
Learning the do's and don'ts in essay writing is a must. Here are some useful techniques that serve as guide in the intricacies of writing an essay.
• Choose a suitable design and hold to it - Writing, to be effective, must follow a basic structural design. This calls for a scheme of procedure. A writer must perceive the shape of the article before it is written. The skeleton of the essay is its design determines the chronology of thoughts that the writer think suits the paper.
• Use the active voice - This doesn't mean that the writer should totally discard the passive voice. but writing in active voice is more direct and vigorous. Usually, using active voice makes the statement more concise.
• Use definite, specific, concrete language - This is the surest way to arouse and hold the reader's attention. Be specific to the general, definite to the vague, and concrete to the abstract. Instead of saying "A period of bad weather," prefer "It rained every day for two weeks."
• Omit needless words - Dynamic writing is concise. In writing, every sentence should not contain any unnecessary word or phrase.
• Keep related words together - The positioning of words is vital in showing coherence. Bad placements of words will result to ambiguity and confusion.
• Keep to one tense - This rule is also for cohesiveness. Stick to one tense unless it is necessary in the article to adopt two or more.
• Have a catchy introduction - Having an interesting introduction will grab reader's attention and will persuade them to finish the article. Any essay writer must consider a catchy introduction using different writing techniques.
• Edit - An impeccably written essay is only possible through successive revisions and continuous editing.
With all these guidelines to consider essay writing is indeed vigorous. It requires a lot of persistence and patience from the writer. Essays are not just opinions written on a paper - they are sensible and logical.